Immigration Strategies For Colleges and Universities

U.S. colleges and universities have many visa options that enable them to employ diverse and talented faculty from around the world. This article will introduce the primary nonimmigrant (temporary) visa categories used by U.S. colleges and universities to employ foreign faculty. The article will also provide key information about the permanent residency (green card) process. College and university employers typically employ faculty initially in a temporary nonimmigrant visa category. Thereafter, the college or university may begin working on a permanent residency case once the institution has determined that it wishes to employ the faculty member on a permanent basis.

For the full alert, visit the Faegre Drinker website.

The material contained in this communication is informational, general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. The material contained in this communication should not be relied upon or used without consulting a lawyer to consider your specific circumstances. This communication was published on the date specified and may not include any changes in the topics, laws, rules or regulations covered. Receipt of this communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship. In some jurisdictions, this communication may be considered attorney advertising.

©2024 Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP. All Rights Reserved. Attorney Advertising.
Privacy Policy